Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Love Better

Did you read our first issue of Stand & Shine Magazine that came out yesterday??
If not, go check it out! It's free. And awesome.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day I was checking my email and saw a new message from a neighbor of mine.
She was a woman that I knew but not extremely well, 
so I was sort of surprised to see an email from her.

Anywho. Her email was full of kind words and compliments for me!
She told me things that she admired or had learned from me
and that she was thankful we were neighbors.

This definitely came as a surprise/shock/jaw-dropping-what! to hear about myself,
because realistically I don't hear many compliments day in and day out.

(Not that I expect everyone I meet to tell me how amazing I am
- though they would if they knew me. Haha.)

It was such an uplifting message to hear good things that someone else sees in me.
A little boost of confidence. OK. A BIG boost!

I'm not sharing this little experience so my inbox will now be overwhelmed with compliments,
but I'm sharing because it was such an odd thing for me to receive a nice email.

And isn't that true for most of us?

We're really good at pointing out differences.
Maybe just ignoring people we don't know too well.
And maybe just not going the extra mile to tell people what we love about them.

What if we changed that?

One of the many awesome quotes from last week's General Women's Meeting was:



Think about your life.
How can you love better?

Maybe it's sending a message/card/email to a neighbor.
Maybe it's making sure you help your mom with dishes every night.
Maybe it's asking that girl at school, who doesn't seem to have friends, to join you at lunch.
Maybe it's helping all of the young women in your class feel loved.
Maybe it's having more patience with a sibling. 

Think about the people in your life.
How can you love them better?

I promise it makes a difference. 
You can brighten someones day and help them feel loved.
Which is a BIG deal.
Everyone needs to be loved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Individual Worth Value Experience #3: Read Doctrine & Covenants 18:10 and 121:45. Do all you can to build others and make them feel of worth. Every day for two weeks notice the worthwhile qualities and attributes of others. Acknowledge them verbally or in writing. In your journal, write what you have learned about the worth of individuals and how your own confidence grows when you build others.

No comments:

Post a Comment